Sunday, 15 August 2010


Playing around in maya, I made a model of a Mk 6 kevlar helmet with a desert dpm cover and some goggles.

UV mapping is a pain the butt. Since it started at a sphere the texture wound itself around the pole at the top and I had to use a photoshop effect to counter it, I don't think I did too badly there, it still has a seam down the side where the pattern doesnt match up, but the real thing is stitched together anyway. There's also a pretty ridiculous bump map thrown in there.

I made my own texture for the desert dpm, here it is if anyone wants it:

Oddly, on an incorrectly colour profiled monitor, the light brown background looks pink.

No comments: